Salads don't have to be boring – check out this recipe by Rachel’s if you don't believe us...
200g sugar snap peas
120g pea shoots and mixed salad leaves
100g cherry tomatoes, mixed yellow and red
1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
200ml Greek-style fat free natural yoghurt
60g olive oil
1 tbsp French mustard
250g goat’s cheese, crumbled
50g pomegranate seeds
– Blanch the sugar snap peas in boiling water for two minutes and then cool in iced water to refresh.
– In a large bowl mix together the pea shoots, mixed salad leaves, blanched sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
– To make the dressing, mix together the yoghurt, olive oil and French mustard, and season with salt and pepper, then whisk together.
– Pour the dressing over the pea shoots and salad leaves. Add the crumbled goats cheese and scatter with pomegranate seeds. (Tip: To extract pomegranate seeds, take a bowl and suspend a sieve over the top. Cut the pomegranate fruit in half and using a wooden spoon bash it from the skin side up. The seeds will fall through into the sieve).
– Serve immediately with fresh crusty bread.
Share this recipe: