Go back to events results
Chinese New Year 2019, Bristol
Wai Yee Hong Eastgate Oriental City, Eastgate Road, Eastville, Bristol, BS5 6XX - View Map - Get Directions
Join in with the celebrations on Saturday, 9 February 2019, at Wai Yee Hong’s annual free Chinese New Year celebrations.
We will be welcoming the year of the pig in style with wonderful dance performances, kung fu demonstrations, Lion Dances and live firecrackers.
We’ve asked our friends to come and make sure you are well fed at our Festive Market. There will be lots of delicious hot food on offer, as well as Chinese pastries, gifts and face painting for the kids (and young at heart!).
- Delicious sweet wife cakes and Chinese pastries, alongside New Year gifts and knick knacks.
- Zaleha Olpin of Masterchef 2018 will be bringing her Malaysian Kitchen
- Eatchu are back with their fantastic gyoza, in a variety of flavours.
- Celebrate Tết with Vietnamese specialties like Bánh mì from Viet Vite!
- She Sells Sushi will be returning with her sushi and other Japanese favourites.
- Fancy a little spice for the New Year? Gopal’s Curry Shack will be bringing their ever-popular vegan and vegetarian Indian street food!
- Aunty Kat will be serving up her famous Chinese roasted meats and soy sauce wings.
- Desy Thai return for their second year, with their popular Thai noodle and curry dishes.
- If you fancy something sweet, visit the neighbouring Thai dessert stall!
- Omar’s Kitchen will be serving up their delicious shawarma and pakora boxes.
- Wow Faces will be spreading colour with their face painting and glitter tattoos