Pub in the Park's menu is here
by Dan Izzard
11 April 2019
Tom Kerridge and friends are putting on quite the spread in Bath this summer...
Oh, Tom Kerridge, you don’t make it easy to be decisive, do you? The menu for the Pub in the Park Bath has just been released and we just can’t make up our minds – on what we’re going to eat first, that is.
This year's event will see some of the country's finest casual dining outfits will be descending on Victoria Park between 21 and 23 June, cooking up their signature grub for hungry festival-goers.
The South West will be well represented by The Pony and Trap, with chef patron Josh Eggleton serving up his hog in a bun – a bap packed with roast pork shoulder, 'slaw, apple and cider sauce – as well as a seafood tray (inspired by his fish and chip restaurant Salt and Malt), with scampi, chips, cockles, dill mayo and lemon.
Bath’s King Willam will also be attendance, pleasing the crowds with the Georgian delicacy and ultimate bar snack of Bath chaps with apple sauce. Cornish crab on sourdough and truffled mac and cheese are also on the cards.
See, we told you it would be hard to pick, and we haven’t even mentioned the likes of The Hand and Flowers or Café Murano yet. The good news is, though, that each portion comes in snack size and costs a fiver, so you can taste the handiwork of a few different chefs. Sound good? Best snap up some tickets then, which are available now from the Pub in the Park website.
Here’s the full lineup of menus that the award-winning pubs and restaurants will be serving up between 21 and 23 June at Pub in the Park Bath.
- Minted lamb pie, mash and liquor
- Kerridge’s fried chicken with ranch dressing and pickled 'slaw
- Salt cod croquette with chorizo spiced mayonnaise, shaved fennel and manchego cheese
- Cauliflower and heritage carrot pakoras with red lentil dhal, fried curry leaves and fresh mango and coriander
- Lamb with aubergine and chickpea tagine, cucumber, yoghurt, pomegranate and fresh mint
- Salt and pepper squid with chilli jam, spring onion, fresh lime and basil
- Panzerotti pugliesi, aubergine, pepper, mozzarella calzone
- Spicy polpette stick, Italian meatballs, tomato and mustard seed chutney
- Sicilian cannoli with a ricotta centre and choice of toppings
- Cornish crab on sourdough
- Truffled mac and cheese
- Bath chaps with apple sauce
- Barry’s buffalo chicken wings
- Churchill's lobster arancini with shellfish mayonnaise
- Ubu braised pork belly with curry lentils
- Spiced butternut squash with curry lentils
- Salt and malt seafood tray of scampi, chips, 'pickled salty fingers', cockles, dill mayo and lemon
- Hog in a bun roast pork shoulder, 'slaw, apple and cider sauce
- Doughnuts with apple sauce
- House macaroni and cheese
- Moroccan lamb with Israeli couscous and yoghurt
- Breadcrumbed corned beef hash, egg yolk, pickle, skinny fries, lea and perrins mayo
- Tomato and balsamic arancino with mozzarella, rocket pesto.
- Tomato, tofu and balsamic arancino with rocket pesto
- Soft taco with deep fried pork belly, ham hock and black pudding, pickled red cabbage and chipotle mole